Coconut Cookie Recipe
This is a coconut cookie recipe that is easy to make and very tasty. It has just the right amount of coconut for flavor without being overwhelming.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine -- softened
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg yolk
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut (about 2 2/3 cups)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease square pan, 9×9×2 inches.
2. Mix flour, powdered sugar, butter, almond extract and egg yolk with spoon until crumbly.
3. Press in pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
4. Mix walnuts, milk and coconut then spread on top of baked layer. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Immediately sprinkle hot cookie with chocolate chips. Let stand about 5 minutes, spread softened chips lightly.
6. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Cookie Recipes List