This is a coconut cookie recipe that is easy to make and very tasty with the addition of butterscotch chips. It has just the right amount of coconut for flavor without being overwhelming.
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup + 1 Tablespoon brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
1 cup shredded coconut, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, use a mixer to beat coconut oil and brown sugar.
3. Add the eggs and beat until fluffy. Add vanilla extract.
4. In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with a whisk.
5. Mix the flour mixture into the coconut oil mixture a little bit at a time with a wooden spoon until flour is well mixed.
6. Add in the butterscotch chips and coconut and mix well.
7. Drop by the spoonful into the baking sheets. Bake 8 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges.