Sugar Free Cranberry Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookie Recipe
Finding a good sugar free cookie that doesn't taste like sawdust can be difficult. After many disappointing attempts to find a great tasting cookie that even the kids would like, a diabetic family friend passed this one along from her nutritionist.
The search finally paid off, these are moist, chewy and full of flavor without the sugar.
Sugar Free Cranberry Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookies
1 cup butter, unsalted
1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar
1/4 cup Splenda for baking
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal (not instant)
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes before use
1. Preheat oven to 375 °F. Lightly oil 2 cookie sheets.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl, mix the butter, Splenda brown sugar and Splenda for baking together until light and creamy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until well blended.
4. In a separate large bowl, stir together the two flours, making sure to thoroughly combine them.
5. Gradually add the oatmeal, mixing while adding.
6. Add the baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
7. Add this mixture to the egg mixture. Stir until well blended.
8. Drain the cranberries and pat dry with paper towels. Mix into batter.
9. Drop tablespoon size pieces of dough onto cookie sheets.
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Nutrition Information (Serving Size 1 cookie)
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 4.6g
Saturated Fat 2.6g
Total Carbohydrates 11.9g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Cookie Recipes List