At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Low Carb Cheesecake Recipe
Cheesecake is a delicious recipe we all like to enjoy every once in a while. The problem is that most recipes are high in carbohydrates. While not all carbs are bad for you, refined carbs are linked to many diseases like obesity, heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Refined carbs are empty calories that can lead to spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels. They are low in nutrients as the refined grains are stripped of fiber, vitamins and minerals after processing.
When we think of cheesecake, carbs can be found in the dairy content as well as the sugar and crust.
This is a low carb cheesecake recipe that reduces the carbs by eliminating the crust. It also replaces sugar with Splenda. Although Splenda does have carbs, it sweeter than sugar so you are able to use a smaller amount to get the same great taste.
The recipe is easy to make. All you have to do is combine all ingredients and pour into a pan to firm…no crust needed.
Those looking for other low carb variations can scroll down to check out the Atkins Cheesecake Recipe we have provided as well. This one does include a crust, but it is made from healthy nuts. It also includes a sugar substitute as a lower carb alternative.
Those who want to make cheesecake that is even lower in carbs can substitute cream cheese with a dairy free version.
It’s a bummer that so many of the dishes we love are high in carbs and other unhealthy ingredients. Fortunately, with an increased focus on wellness, many recipes have been created that offer healthy alternatives.
This is a satisfying and delicious low carb recipe for a cheesecake that is packed with flavor. Whip some up and sit back and enjoy this yummy dessert, completely guilt free!
Low Carb Cheesecake
5 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 Tbsp. almond flour
1 3/4 cup Splenda
Dash of salt
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. sugar free vanilla extract
1. Cream together all ingredients with softened cream cheese until well blended.
2. Bake in springform pan for 10 minutes at 500 degrees F.
3. Lower oven temperature to 200 degrees F and continue baking for 1 hour. Cool and refrigerate overnight.
Atkins Diet Cheesecake Recipe
Low carb cheesecake recipe from the Atkins Diet Cookbook
1 cup pine nuts
1 cup macadamia nuts
2 packets sugar substitute
3 tablespoons butter, melted
16 ounces cream cheese
10 packets sugar substitute
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. For crust, place pine nuts and macadamias in bowl of a food processor; pulse until ground but not paste-like.
3. Add sugar substitute and butter; pulse to combine. Transfer to a 9″ springform pan.
4. With your fingers, gently press nut mixture to form a crust on bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes; remove from oven and cool.
5. Place cream cheese and sugar substitute in food processor; process until smooth.
6. Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
7. Add vanilla extract, lemon rind and salt; pulse to combine. Add sour cream and process to combine.
8. Pour filling into prepared crust.
9. Bake 40 minutes. Turn off oven; let cheesecake cool for one hour without opening door. Chill overnight.