12 new red potatoes, quartered
4 carrots, sliced
4 pounds corned beef brisket
2 onions, sliced
3 whole bay leaves
8 black peppercorns
1 head cabbage, cut into wedges
1. Place potatoes and carrots in bottom of the crock pot.
2. Add brisket, onions, bay leaves and peppercorns. Add enough water to cover the brisket.
3. Cover; cook on low 4 to 5 hours.
4. Add cabbage. Continue cooking on low 4 to 5 hours longer. Remove brisket to a serving platter.
5. Slice brisket against the grain, and serve with the potatoes, carrots, onions and cabbage.