Slow Cooker Creamy Ham and Potato Soup
1 thick slice smoked ham (about one pound), cubed
1 onion, finely chopped
2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
2 cups water
5 large potatoes, diced
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups half-and-half cream
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1. Place ham and onion in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until ham is evenly brown and onions are soft (about 5 minutes).
2. Transfer the ham and onion to a slow cooker, and stir in chicken broth, water, potatoes, salt, dill weed, and pepper.
3. Cover, and cook on Low 6 to 7 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and half-and-half. Stir into the soupin the crock pot, along with the evaporated milk.
5. Cover, and cook another 30 minutes before serving. Serve with thick slices of buttered Italian bread.