South of the Border Tamale Pie
2 pounds lean ground beef
2 Tablespoons chili seasoning
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut-up
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) kidney beans , drained and rinsed
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
1/2 cup water
Cornbread Topping Ingredients:
1 box (8 1/2 ounces) corn muffin mix
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Brown ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain.
2. Place ground beef in slow cooker. Add chili seasoning, onion powder, stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, chiles and water. Mix all ingedients well.
3. Cover and cook 8 hours on low, then prepare the cornbread topping.
4. For the cornbread topping, increase the heat setting to high. Prepare corn muffin batter as directed on package.
5. Drop batter by spoonfuls on top of filling in slow cooker.
6. Cover. Cook 30 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted into center of cornbread topping comes out clean. Turn off slow cooker.
7. Sprinkle cornbread topping with cheddar cheese, cover for 5 minutes longer until cheese begins to melt.
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Ideas and Recipes
- 4 to 7 Ingredient Dinner Recipes
- 30 Minute Meals
- Dinner Meal Plans
- Crock Pot Recipes
- Freezer Cooking Recipes
- Easy Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Healthy Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Mama Shirleys Recipes
- Barbecue Recipes
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes
Most Popular Crock Pot Recipes
- Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Crock Pot Beef Stew Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cowboy Chicken
- Crock Pot Recipes for the Crockpot and Slow Cooker
- Smothered Chicken with Red Potatoes
- Sweet and Sour Crock Pot Chicken
- Basil Garlic Whole Chicken with Vegetables
- Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Farmhouse Chicken and Corn Chowder