Whether you're celebrating Cinco de Mayo or your family simply LOVES Mexican food, bring the magic with this super-easy Mexican casserole recipe. Whether you use lean ground beef, ground turkey, shredded chicken or skip the meat altogether, this is a filling meal your family will love!
Start with a foundation of crushed tortilla chips, top with your meat, add Mexican stewed tomatoes and top with cheddar cheese and more crushed tortilla chips, and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Then let each member customize their meal by offering a variety of topping options — lettuce, tomato, diced onions, black olives, beans, roasted corn, zucchini, jalapenos for the heat-seekers, sour cream, guacamole … the options are endless!
And it all comes together so quickly and easily. That's a winning recipe!Print
This will fast become a family favorite, and it comes together in no time!
- 1 (13 ounce) bag tortilla chips, divided
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend
- Partially crush ½ bag of chips and place in bottom of a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Brown ground beef; drain.
- Add stewed tomatoes and the cheese and mix well.
- Sprinkle finely crushed chips over top of casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minuts
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Mexican, casserole, easy meal