Cornbread Salsa Bake
1 box (8½ ounces) corn muffin mix
1 large egg
⅓ cup milk
1 pound lean ground beef
1 cup thick and chunky salsa
1 cup (4 ounces) Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. In a bowl, combine muffin mix, egg and milk; stirring just until moistened.
2. Spread in a sprayed 8″ x 8″ baking dish.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
4. Lightly brown ground beef; drain off fat.
5. Add salsa and simmer 7 to 8 minutes or until excess liquid has cooked off.
6. Pour over baked cornbread.
7. Sprinkle with cheese.
8. Return to oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
Optional: Serve additional salsa to spoon over the top.