There are many different variations of the Stuffed Peppers recipe, an American favorite. There are Mediterranean, Bulgarian, Italian and southwestern versions of this popular dish. All styles, using regional ingredients, give the peppers their own spin.
This recipe can use a trio of bell peppers. The use of yellow, red and green peppers makes such a beautiful presentation. The Italian-style stewed tomatoes are already seasoned with oregano, garlic and basil, making this stuffed peppers recipe even more flavorful.
1 pound lean ground beef
4 medium green, red or yellow bell peppers
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup uncooked rice
3 Tablespoons catsup, divided
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
1. Cut tops off bell peppers; remove seeds and membrane.
2. Combine ground beef, onion, rice, 2 Tbsp. catsup, 1/2 tsp. oregano, and salt and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
3. Spoon an equal amount of meat mixture into each bell pepper. Place in 8-inch square baking dish.
4. Combine tomatoes, remaining catsup and remaining oregano; pour over stuffed peppers.
5. Cover baking dish tightly with foil. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.