Last Updated on
Broccoli Ricotta and Mozzarella Stuffed Shells
These easy stuffed shells are a great make ahead meal to save for a busy day or to bring to a pot luck. The broccoli dresses up the classic ricotta and tomoto classic.
24 jumbo shells, uncooked
1 10-oz. package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 (28 ounce) jar Italian pasta sauce
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Combine broccoli, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
3. Stir together until well blended. Pour about 1 cup pasta sauce over bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
4. Spoon 1 round tablespoon of cheese mixture into each shell and place open-side up in an even layer in the pan.
5. Pour remaining pasta sauce over and around shells. Cover pan with foil.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 25 minutes until heated through, and serve.