Hot and Spicy Goulash Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 onion, diced
2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
3 cans (15 ounce) stewed tomatoes, do not drain
1 pound whole wheat pasta
1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, rinsed and drained
¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 gallon freezer bag, labeled
1. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add beef, green peppers, onion, and jalapeno and cook, stirring often, until beef is browned and vegetables are tender.
2. Season with salt and pepper, chili powder, cinnamon, cumin, and coriander, stirring to combine.
3. Add stewed tomatoes and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Cook pasta in salted boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes less than package directions. Drain and add to beef mixture. Stir in lima beans.
5. If mixture seems too thick, stir in ½ cup water and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro and remove from heat.
6. To serve now, serve immediately.
Makes 2 entrees, each entree serves 4
Let cool completely. Transfer to labeled freezer bag, seal, and freeze for up to 2 months.
Remove from freezer to defrost. Reheat in a stockpot over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until heated through.