5 cups tart apples, cored, peeled, chopped
1 cup sugar
1 cup dark raisins
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg, beaten
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly oil 13- by 9- by 2-inch pan.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine apples with sugar, raisins, and pecans. Mix well and let stand for 30 minutes.
4. Stir in oil, vanilla, and egg. Sift together flour, soda, and cinnamon, and stir into apple mixture about a third at a time—just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
5. Turn batter into pan. Bake for 35–40 minutes. Cool cake slightly before serving.
Yield: 20 servings
Serving size: one 3 1/2-inch by 2 1/2-inch piece
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Sodium: 67 mg
Total fiber: 2 g
Protein: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 31 g
Potassium: 136 mg
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),