Chicken is a staple for most of us, but it can get difficult to come up with new ways to serve it to your family. If you're stuck in a chicken rut, try this healthy recipe for a delicious change of pace.
Using chicken thighs gives this dish a meatier, richer taste without loading on the calories and fat. To make life easier, use frozen green beans so all the cleaning and chopping is done for you...all you have to do is open the box!
1 1/2 Tablespoons margarine
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1 pound + 4 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 package (10-ounce) frozen cut green beans
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Melt margarine in heavy skillet. Add garlic and onions; stir until blended. Cook over medium heat, until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet.
2. Place chicken in the skillet. Cook over medium heat, until chicken is thoroughly done and no longer pink in color, about 12 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
3. Place frozen green beans, pepper, and cooked onions in same skillet. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until beans are tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken to vegetable mixture. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Note: To remove bone from chicken thighs:
1. Place chicken on cutting board. Remove skin from thighs.
2. Turn chicken thighs over.
3. Cut around bone and remove it.
Makes 4 Servings, about 1 cup each
Total fat 11 grams
Saturated fat 3 grams
Cholesterol 57 grams
Sodium 109 milligrams