Healthy Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
If you love fried chicken, but deprive yourself because you hate the fat, calories and cholesterol deep frying adds to the meal, we’ve solved your problem. Try this healthy recipe for oven fried chicken. You’ll never miss the deep frying becasue you’ll get the fried chicken taste you love from the oven!
1 1/2 pounds broiler fryer chicken, cut-up
1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup cornflake cereal, slightly crushed
4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Remove skin and all visible fat from chicken. Place milk in large bowl. Add chicken pieces; turn to coat.
2. Combine flour, paprika, and pepper on a plate.
3. Lift chicken pieces from milk and reserve milk. Coat chicken thoroughly with seasoned flour and place on a wire rack until all pieces have been coated. Redip chicken pieces into reserved milk.
4. Place crushed cereal on plate. Place chicken pieces on crushed cereal. Using 2 forks turn chicken pieces in crushed cereal to coat.
5. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking tray; drizzle oil over chicken.
6. Bake at 400 degrees F, for 15 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over; continue to bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked and crust is crisp, about 15 more minutes.
Makes 4 Servings, about 4 ounces each
Total fat 15 grams
Saturated fat 4 grams
Cholesterol 93 milligrams
Sodium 503 milligrams