If you love fried chicken, but deprive yourself because you hate the fat, calories, and cholesterol deep frying adds to the meal, we've solved your problem. Try this healthy recipe for oven fried chicken. You'll never miss the deep-frying because you'll get the fried chicken taste you love from the oven!
Many homes have air fryers at this point, but if your house doesn't this is a fantastic alternative. This oven fried chicken will have your family begging for more! Let's take a look at this delicious chicken recipe.
Healthy Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
1 1/2 pounds broiler fryer chicken, cut-up
1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup cornflake cereal, slightly crushed
4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Remove skin and all visible fat from chicken. Place milk in large bowl. Add chicken pieces; turn to coat.
2. Combine flour, paprika, and pepper on a plate.
3. Lift chicken pieces from milk and reserve milk. Coat chicken thoroughly with seasoned flour and place on a wire rack until all pieces have been coated. Redip chicken pieces into reserved milk.
4. Place crushed cereal on plate. Place chicken pieces on crushed cereal. Using 2 forks, turn chicken pieces in crushed cereal to coat.
5. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking tray; drizzle oil over chicken.
6. Bake at 400 degrees F, for 15 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over; continue to bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked and crust is crisp, about 15 more minutes.
Makes 4 Servings, about 4 ounces each
Total fat 15 grams
Saturated fat 4 grams
Cholesterol 93 milligrams
Sodium 503 milligrams
Health Benefits of Chicken
By not deep-frying this chicken, you'll be able to properly enjoy many of the great health benefits that chicken has to offer. Chicken is championed as one of the best dieting foods for a reason. Let's talk about some of the amazing benefits this chicken dinner will give you and your family.
We can't talk about chicken's health benefits without talking about its low saturated fat and high protein content. These qualities about chicken are part of why its so famous among those trying to lose weight or build muscle. Foods that are low in saturated fat and high in protein are optimal for losing weight. By not deep-frying the chicken, you're avoiding adding a bunch of unnecessary fat.
Chicken has a lot of niacin and selenium in it. Niacin is essential to cell health and energy production, making it a highly important nutrient. Meanwhile, selenium supports the immune system and thyroid health. It also plays a role in improving fertility, making it an essential nutrient for anyone trying to conceive.
This oven-fried chicken recipe is delicious and healthy. What more can you ask for? This is a recipe that you can make for your family at any time. When you make it, you'll be able to rest assured knowing that you're giving them something they'll enjoy that supports their health. If you enjoyed this awesome recipe, feel free to check out the dozens of other healthy recipes we have on our site. You're sure to find plenty you love!