At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Bacon adds so much flavor to chicken in this easy family favorite. Serve with macaroni and cheese for a wonderful dinner that goes from fridge to table in no time.
12 bacon strips
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 medium green pepper, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
2. Flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness with meat mallet or rolling pin.
3. Spread cream cheese down the center of each chicken breast; top with chopped green pepper.
4. Roll up from a long side; tuck ends in. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Wrap two bacon strips around each piece of chicken; secure with toothpicks.
6. Place in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks before serving.