This creamy chicken recipe has a delectable mixture of ranch dressing, bacon bits, teriyaki sauce, and cheddar cheese. Perfect for a special dinner or any meal you want a chicken dish that tastes out of the ordinary.
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup teriyaki basting sauce
1/2 cup Ranch-style salad dressing
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 (3 ounce) can bacon bits
1 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 to 5 minutes each side, until lightly browned.
4. Place browned chicken breasts in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Brush with teriyaki sauce, then spoon on salad dressing.
5. Sprinkle with cheese, green onions, and bacon bits.
6. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Health Benefits of Chicken
You've probably heard at least a few times that chicken is a great addition to your diet. But why is this? What is it about chicken that makes it so good for you? Let's talk about it.
One of the main draws of chicken is that it is high in protein. Other meats, like beef, are also high in protein, but can be higher in fat than chicken. When you're trying to lose weight, prioritizing foods that are high in protein but low in fat is key.
Chicken also has high quantities of a number of nutrients. These include selenium, phosphorous, niacin, and vitamin B6. Chicken's nutritional profile is beneficial for energy genesis, DNA synthesis, and brain health. That makes chicken a great aid to your body beyond just weight loss and muscle gain.
Many people don't know that protein doesn't just play a role in muscle growth- it also helps promote bone health. By consuming chicken, you're doing your bones a favor and protecting them from potential problems. This is especially important as you age and your bones become more brittle.
By feeding this Anniversary Chicken to your family, you're doing everyone a favor. You should aim to consume chicken at least one to two times a week, so that you can enjoy the great benefits it has to offer. Be sure to look around our site for our other amazing chicken recipes!