At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Garlic Butter Cheddar Chicken
These chicken breasts are first dipped in savory garlic butter and coated with flavorful cheddar bread crumbs. Pounding them thin gives them a wonderful texture and allows the coating to fully wrap around each bite. This is a great recipe for kids that don’t like thick or stringy chicken.
The cheddar infused crispy chicken has an Italian flair so for a super easy meal, pair the chicken with spaghetti in a red sauce. Make extras because everyone will want seconds!
1/2 cup butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – pounded thin
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, and cook the garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano, pepper, and salt.
4. Dip each chicken breast in the garlic butter to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture.
5. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
6. Drizzle with any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
7. Bake 20 – 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Try one of our fan-favorite chicken recipes:
Click for more Chicken Recipes