These aren't your ordinary fast-food chicken nuggets. Coated in a flavorful blend of cheese and seasonings, these baked chicken nuggets are easy enough to make that you'll never want the unhealthy and bland fast-food variety again!
When the kids beg for McDonald's, give them this recipe instead. It may not be as fast as getting McDonald's, but it's certainly healthier. It's also a better option than frozen chicken nuggets. Your kids might be disappointed to hear that McDonald's isn't on the menu, but they'll brighten up as soon as they try these.
To further satiate those fast food cravings, serve these nuggets with some fries. French fries can be made in either the oven or the air fryer, giving you flexibility. You can create your very own replica McDonald's meal right in your own kitchen!
After giving this nuggets recipe a try, take a look at our other awesome chicken recipes. We have so many available for you to choose from, including ones that are as healthy as can be. With its high protein content, chicken is a great addition to your diet.
Baked Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut chicken breasts into one-and-one-half-inch size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, salt, thyme, and basil. Mix well.
- Put melted butter/margarine in a bowl or dish for dipping.
- Dip chicken pieces into the melted butter/margarine first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place well-coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/douglas324.