The unique spice blend used in this healthy recipe turns plain frozen cod into a special meal you’ll be proud to serve to anyone.
It couldn’t be easier. No vegetables to chop, no marinade to prepare in advance, and the ease of frozen fish you can keep on hand. All you have to do is juice a lemon and mix together some spices to get this wonderful dish on the table.
For a wonderful side dish, steam broccoli and carrots and drizzle with a little lemon juice to echo the flavors on the fish.
1 pound cod fillets, fresh or frozen
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground oregano
1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 Tablespoons margarine, melted
1. Thaw frozen fish according to package directions.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Separate fish into four fillets or pieces. Place fish in ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
4. Combine paprika, garlic and onion powder, pepper, oregano, and thyme in small bowl. Sprinkle seasoning mixture and lemon juice evenly over fish. Drizzle margarine evenly over fish.
5. Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Makes 4 Servings, about 3 ounces each
Total fat 5 grams
Saturated fat 1 gram
Cholesterol 51 milligrams
Sodium 123 milligrams