Last Updated on
Healthy Fish Veronique Recipe
1 lb. white fish (such as cod, sole, or turbot)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup chicken stock or broth, skim fat from top
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon soft margarine
2 Tablespoons flour
3/4 cup lowfat or skim milk
1/2 cup seedless grapes
as needed nonstick cooking spray
1. Spray 10×6 inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Place fish in pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Mix wine, stock, and lemon juice in small bowl and pour over fish.
3. Cover and bake at 350 degress F for 15 minutes.
4. Melt margarine in small saucepan. Remove from heat and blend in flour. Gradually add milk and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
5. Remove fish from oven, and pour liquid from baking dish into “cream” sauce, stirring until blended. Pour sauce over fish and sprinkle with grapes.
6. Broil about 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes or until sauce starts to brown.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 fillet with sauce
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 2 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 61 mg
Sodium: 343 mg
Total fiber: less than 1 g
Protein: 24 g
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Potassium: 453 mg