Get a Clear, Smooth Complexion
Having a clear complexion and bright, smooth skin isn't a fairytale. It takes discipline and a routine, but it isn't difficult and absolutely doesn't have to be expensive.
Follow the steps below and let your glowing, soft skin shine through in no time.
10 Steps to Smoother Skin
1. Change your make up. The older you are the more likely it is your make up that’s causing the break outs. Stay away from oil-based make up.
2. Read labels. Along with oil-based make ups, avoid products containing lanolins, isopropyl myristate, sodium lauryl sulfate, laureth-4, and D & C red dyes.
3. Rinse, rinse, rinse. You know you need to wash off your make up every night, but you need to rinse the soap (mild 2x/day) off entirely… ie. 6-7 splashes of fresh water.
4. Go bare. Go natural as often as possible and when using make up, the less the better.
5. Change pills. If you’re on birth control, talk to your doctor about trying out a different pill or method of birth control.
6. Don’t pick. Don’t pick or squeeze at pimples or whiteheads. Leave it alone, you can’t do anything to make it go away faster. Squeezing whiteheads cause the pore wall to break and leak the contents onto your skin causing more pimples.
7. Unless… you have a pimple with a yellow pus center (gross!). Squeezing the pus out can actually cause these kinds of pimples to heal quicker.
8. Blackhead removal. Another squeeze-friendly nuisance. These are very-blocked pores with solid ‘material’ inside, squeeze away!
9. Visit the drug store. Use over-the-counter products with benzoyl peroxide in them. Try to stick with a water-based gel as it is the least-likely to irritate skin.
10. Stay away from the sun. Many acne medications can cause adverse reactions to the sun.