Mirna is an uncommon baby girl’s name that comes from Croatian, Serbian, and Irish. It can mean “beloved, tender” or “peaceful”. Mirna appeared in the top 1000 names in only one year, 1974.
Meaning of the name Mirna:
Irish: beloved, tender
Croatian, Serbian: peaceful
Origin of the name Mirna:
Mirna is a baby girl’s name of Irish, Croatian, and Serbian origin. From Croatian and Serbian Mirna means “peaceful”. From Irish, Mirna is a variant spelling of Myrna and means “beloved, tender”. It is an Anglicization of the name Muirne.
Symbolism of the name Mirna:
Mirna comes from the name Muirne who was an Irish mythological figure so well known for her beauty that she was kidnapped by the warrior Cumhaill and started a feud between the two families that would last generations.
Style of the name Mirna:
Gender of the name Mirna:
Mirna is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Mirna:
Number of syllables in the name Mirna:
Emotion evoked from the name Mirna:
Mirna evokes feelings of compassion and peace.
Alternative spellings for the name Mirna:
Nicknames for the name Mirna:
Popularity of the name Mirna:
According to the Social Security Administration, Mirna is an uncommon baby girl’s name. Mirna has appeared in the top 1000 baby names in only one year. That year was 1974 and it ranked #993.
Related names for the name Mirna:
Great middle names for the name Mirna and their meanings:
- Elia (Jehovah is God)
- Lucy (light)
- Claire (bright, clear)
- Evelyn (desired, water)
- Hazel (hazelnuts, light brown)
- Penelope (weaver)
- Rose (the flower)
- Anne (grace)
Famous people with the name Mirna:
- Mirna Radulović (Serbian singer-songwriter)
- Mirna Valerio (American runner)
- Mirna Doris (Italian Canzone Napoletana singer)
- Mirna Funk (German journalist)
- Mirna van der Hoeven (Dutch sprinter)
Mirnas in popular culture:
- Mirna (comic books, “The Goon”)
- Mirna Kane (television, “Popugirls”)
- Mirna Dendrar (media, “Crossgoers”)
- Myrna (television, “Once Upon a Time”)
- Crazy Myrna (video game, “Fallout 4”)