At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Penne Pasta Zuppa
15 ounces white beans
2 medium yellow squash, diced
2 ripe tomatoes, diced
2 small red potatoes, cubed
2 leeks, sliced lengthwise into quarters then chopped
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1/4 pound fresh green beans, washed, stemmed and diced
2 fresh sage leaves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8 cups water
1/4 pound uncooked penne pasta
grated Romano cheese (optional)
1. Combine beans, squash, tomatoes, potatoes, leeks, carrot, green beans, sage, salt and pepper in crockpot.
2. Add water. Stir well to combine.
3. Cover; cook on HIGH 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Turn crockpot to LOW. Cook, covered, 8 hours longer. Stir occasionally.
5. Return crockpot setting to HIGH. Add pasta. Cover; cook 30 minutes longer or until pasta is done.