At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Skillet Taco Supper
Tacos are fantastic but the extra steps of assembling them can make them time consuming when every minute counts. Putting all the flavor into one skillet and serving it with tortilla chips gives you the flavor of a taco in every delicious bite.
Skillet Taco Supper Ingredients:
½ lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
2¼ cups water
1½ cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta (5½ oz)
1½ cups frozen corn
1 can (15 oz) kidney beans or pinto beans, drained, rinsed
1 medium tomato, chopped (¾ cup)
½ cup sour cream
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown; drain.
2. Stir seasoning mix, water, uncooked pasta, corn, beans and tomato into beef. Heat to boiling; stir.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is desired doneness and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
4. Stir in sour cream. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese and chives.
5. Cover; let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6. Serve with tortilla chips.