Last Updated on
Sunday Dinner – Pimento Steak
2 1/2 lb blade chuck steak (look for lean cut, then remove all visible fat)
Meat tenderizer (not over 1 year old)
1 large onion, sliced
2 green peppers cut into thin circles
1 small can pimentos, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Sprinkle steak with tenderizer and pierce all over with fork.
2. Allow to stand about 1/2 hour (or see tenderizer instructions).
3. Cut meat into 1/2 inch strips, removing any more fat as you do so.
4. Srinkle a little salt over onion and peppers and cook together in a skillet coated with nonstick vegetable spray, until tender and brown.
5. Add steak slices and pimento, turning as mizture cooks 3 minutes.
6. Add garlic and lemon juice, continue cooking and stirring for about 3 min. more.