4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
12 ounces evaporated milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
2. Layer 1/2 potatoes, 1/2 onion, 1/2 bacon and 1/2 cheese in prepared baking dish; repeat layers.
3. Combine evaporated milk, egg and seasoned salt in small bowl. Pour evenly over potato mixture; cover.
4. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
5. Uncover; bake for an additional 5 minutes. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Note: If you prefer the taste of cooked onions you may opt to saute the onion in reserved bacon drippings for more flavor.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!