4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
12 ounces evaporated milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
2. Layer 1/2 potatoes, 1/2 onion, 1/2 bacon and 1/2 cheese in prepared baking dish; repeat layers.
3. Combine evaporated milk, egg and seasoned salt in small bowl. Pour evenly over potato mixture; cover.
4. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
5. Uncover; bake for an additional 5 minutes. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Note: If you prefer the taste of cooked onions you may opt to saute the onion in reserved bacon drippings for more flavor.