1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
14-1/2 ounces Mexican or chili-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup water
1-1/4 ounces taco seasoning mix
2 cups elbow macaroni cooked and drained
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cook ground beef, onion and green pepper in large skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; pour off excess fat.
3. Add tomatoes, water and taco seasoning; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Toss pasta with meat mixture. Spoon 3 cups of mixture into an 11×7-inch baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese; top with remaining meat mixture.
6. Cover with foil; bake in preheated oven 30 minutes.
7. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Return to oven 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.