Vegetable oil for cooking
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 cup ketchup
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoons hot pepper sauce, or to taste
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
2 racks pork baby back ribs, cut into 3 to 4 rib sections
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat until hot.
2. Add ogarlic. Cook and stir until softened and lightly browned.
3. Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and chili powder.
4. Simmer gently about 5 minutes. Remove half of sauce and reserve.
5. Transfer remaining sauce to slow cooker. Add ribs, stirring well to coat.
6. Cover; cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH 4 to 6 hours.
7. To serve, cut ribs between bones and brush with reserved sauce.