Oniony Beefy Nachos
1 pound ground beef
1 envelope onion soup mix
19 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups salsa
8 1/2 ounces plain tortilla chips
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat; drain.
2. Stir in soup mix, black beans and salsa. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir often to mix all ingredients well.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring Occasionally , for 5 minutes or until heated through.
4. Arrange tortilla chips on serving platter. Spread beef mixture over chips; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
5. Top, if desired, with sliced jalapenos, sliced pitted ripe olives, chopped tomato and chopped cilantro.