Oniony Beefy Nachos
This hearty recipe takes the nachos up a level, and it's easy to make too! Everyone loves nachos but they usually aren't filling enough for a meal. We combined ground beef seasoned with onion soup and black beans to turn them into belly filling goodness along with the delicious toppings like salsa, cheese and sour cream every one craves. Add these to a game day menu or as a weeknight easy dinner. They'll be a hit with every nacho lover in your house.
1 pound ground beef
1 envelope onion soup mix
19 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups salsa
8 1/2 ounces plain tortilla chips
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
sliced jalapenos for topping, if desired
1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat; drain.
2. Stir in soup mix, black beans and salsa. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir often to mix all ingredients well.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring Occasionally , for 5 minutes or until heated through.
4. Arrange tortilla chips on serving platter. Spread beef mixture over chips; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
5. Top, if desired, with sliced jalapenos, sliced pitted ripe olives, chopped tomato and chopped cilantro.