1 pound ground beef
1 envelope onion soup mix
19 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups salsa
8 1/2 ounces plain tortilla chips
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat; drain.
2. Stir in soup mix, black beans and salsa. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir often to mix all ingredients well.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring Occasionally , for 5 minutes or until heated through.
4. Arrange tortilla chips on serving platter. Spread beef mixture over chips; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
5. Top, if desired, with sliced jalapenos, sliced pitted ripe olives, chopped tomato and chopped cilantro.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!