Orange gives creamy cheesecake a hint of cool zest, with chocolate adding just a bit more decadence in this perfect pairing of flavors.
1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup orange juice
24 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
Topping (optional) :
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool.
3. Soften gelatin in orange juice; stir over low heat until dissolved.
4. Combine cream cheese and sugar. Gradually add gelatin mixture. Fold in whipped cream and orange peel.
5. Chill until firm, about 4 hours.
6. If serving with chocolate drizzle: just before serving - in a small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate and oil uncovered on high 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted.
7. Drizzle chocolate over cheesecake.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.