Chicken and sausage create the perfect marriage of light and spicy in this hearty casserole. Potatoes with just the right amount of spice add to the rib sticking goodness, making this a soon to be classic comfort meal.
6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 bell peppers (red, yellow or green), sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 frying chicken, cut up
1 pound sweet Italian sausage links, cut up
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Arrange potatoes, peppers and onions in large, shallow 3-quart casserole.
2. Mix oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and sprinkle half the mixture over potatoes.
3. Arrange chicken and sausage on top. Pour oil over and sprinkle with remaining seasonings.
4. Cover and bake at 425 degrees F for 1 hour.
5. Uncover, and bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until browned. Serves 6.
Click for more Chicken recipes
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.