Irish Chicken and Dumplings Ingredients:
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
3 cups water
1 cup chopped celery
2 onions, quartered
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
5 carrots, sliced
1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
4 potatoes, quartered
3 cups baking mix
1⅓ cups milk
1. In large, heavy pot, combine soup, water, chicken, celery, onion, salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper.
2. Cover and cook over low heat about 1½ hours.
3. Add potatoes and carrots; cover and cook another 30 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from pot, shred it, and return to pot. Add peas and cook only 5 minutes longer.
5. Add dumplings.
To make dumplings:
1. Mix baking mix and milk until a soft dough forms.
2. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto BOILING stew.
3. Simmer covered for 10 minutes, then uncover and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!