Irish Chicken and Dumplings
This is comfort food at it’s finest. A creamy stew of chicken, vegetables, and potatoes surround dumplings made from biscuit dough to create a belly warming meal for chilly nights.
Irish Chicken and Dumplings Ingredients:
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
3 cups water
1 cup chopped celery
2 onions, quartered
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
5 carrots, sliced
1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
4 potatoes, quartered
3 cups baking mix
1⅓ cups milk
1. In large, heavy pot, combine soup, water, chicken, celery, onion, salt, poultry seasoning, and pepper.
2. Cover and cook over low heat about 1½ hours.
3. Add potatoes and carrots; cover and cook another 30 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from pot, shred it, and return to pot. Add peas and cook only 5 minutes longer.
5. Add dumplings.
To make dumplings:
1. Mix baking mix and milk until a soft dough forms.
2. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto BOILING stew.
3. Simmer covered for 10 minutes, then uncover and simmer an additional 10 minutes.