These delicious grilled gorgonzola burgers are a fantastic dinner choice on busy nights. When you have extra time, serve them topped with caramelized onions.
Gorgonzola Burgers Ingredients:
2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
½ teaspoon salt
Black pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
8 ounces gorgonzola cheese
1 gallon freezer bag, labeled
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl, mix together beef, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Shape into 16 same-size thin patties. Note: Make as thin as possible.
3. Place 1 ounce crumbled gorgonzola on 8 of the patties, spreading it out almost to the edges. Place remaining patties on top, pressing down and sealing edges.
4. Oil the grate and grill burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Serve 4 immediately. Transfer remaining 4 to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Makes 2 entrees, each entree serves 4
Place burgers on a baking sheet and freeze until firm. Wrap each burger in plastic wrap and place in freezer bag. Freeze up to 3 months. Note: You may also freeze 4 whole-grain buns in a gallon freezer bag to be used later.
Let burgers thaw in refrigerator overnight. Preheat oven to 375°F. Place burgers on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Zucchini Chips Ingredients:
1 pound zucchini (about 2 medium)
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup plain dry breadcrumbs
⅛ teaspoon salt
Black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Slice the zucchini into ¼ inch thick rounds.
3. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil.
4. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.