Feta and Spinach Lasagna Rolls
3½ (16 ounce) boxes lasagna noodles (15-18 noodles in each box)
1 24-ounce container crumbled feta cheese (about 5 cups)
1 32-ounce container low-fat cottage cheese (4 cups)
1 32-ounce container part-skim ricotta cheese (3 ½ cups)
1 cup shredded Asiago cheese (about 4 ounces)
I cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons black pepper
15 ounces frozen chopped spinach, broken apart and leaves separated
4 one-gallon freezer bags, labeled
On hand for each entrée:
2 cups marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella (about 4 ounces)
1. Working in batches, boil noodles until flexible enough to roll but not completely cooked.
2. Meanwhile, mix feta, cottage cheese, ricotta, Asiago, Parmesan, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in spinach leaves
3. Place partially cooked noodles on a clean work surface in a single layer (do not overlap).
4. Spread 3 tablespoons filling down the length of each noodle. Roll noodle and place seam side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Place rolls in freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Divide frozen rolls evenly among freezer bags, Seal and refreeze.
1. Place 9 lasagna rolls in a 9×9 greased baking dish. Cover with foil; completely thaw in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Pour 2 cups marinara over rolls and top with mozzarella; replace foil. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is hot and cheese is melted.
Yield: 8 entrees, 6-8 rolls each
Freeze up to: 4 months