Healthy Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
1/2 lb. lasagna noodles, cooked in unsalted water
3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups fat free cottage cheese*
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups raw zucchini, sliced
2 1/2 cups no salt added tomato sauce
2 teaspoons basil, dried
2 teaspoons oregano, dried
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
*Use unsalted cottage cheese to reduce the sodium content. New sodium content for each serving is 196 mg.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray 9×3 inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
2. In small bowl, combine 1/8 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
3. In medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese with all of the cottage cheese. Mix well and set aside.
4. Combine tomato sauce with remaining ingredients. Spread thin layer of tomato sauce in bottom of baking dish. Add a third of noodles in single layer. Spread half of cottage cheese mixture on top. Add layer of zucchini.
5. Repeat layering. Add thin coating of sauce. Top with noodles, sauce, and reserved cheese mixture. Cover with aluminum foil.
6. Bake for 30–40 minutes. Cool for 10–15 minutes. Cut into 6 portions.
Yield: 6 servings Serving size: 1 piece
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Sodium: 380 mg
Total fiber: 5 g
Protein: 19 g
Carbohydrates: 41 g
Potassium: 561 mg