Villa Giardino Fresh Lasagna
2 red bell peppers
2 green bell peppers
1 medium eggplant
2 medium zucchini (about 8 ounces each)
Olive oil cooking spray
1 tub (8 ounces) part skim ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
6 cups tomato basil spaghetti sauce
1 (9 ounce) package oven ready lasagna noodles
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove the seeds from the peppers. Cut each one in half, then cut into large chunks.
2. Trim ends from eggplant and zucchini then cut into slices about ¼ inch thick.
3. Lightly coat two large baking trays with the olive oil spray, then place peppers, eggplant and zucchini in a single layer divided between the two trays.
4. Spray olive oil evenly across all vegetables on each pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste over all.
5. Roast for 25 minutes until vegetables are lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
6. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F.
7. In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, egg, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt. Mix well to combine.
8. Lightly coat a 13×9 inch baking dish with olive oil spray.
9. Arrange a layer of the vegetables on the bottom, then pour 1 1/2 cups of the spaghetti sauce on top.
10. Top with a layer of lasagna, then spread a third of the cheese mixture on top.
11. Repeat until you have 3 layers of pasta. Finish by evenly spreading the last 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce on top.
12. Bake for 45 minutes until bubbling and lightly browned on top.
Makes 6 servings
One serving equals:
10 grams fat (5 grams saturated fat)
37 mg cholesterol
590 mg sodium
42 grams carbohydrate
8 grams fiber
21 grams protein
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/from_my_point_of_view.