At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
2 cans (14 ounces each) diced Italian style tomatoes, with juice
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total), ends removed
1 cup (8 ounces) ricotta cheese
¼ teaspoon olive oil
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and red pepper flakes, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 6-8 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes.
3.Season with salt. Let cool.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Slice zucchini lengthwise into thin strips (about 1/8 inch thick) using a sharp knife.
3. Place 5 or 6 zucchini slices, overlapping slightly, in the bottom of a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
4. Top with 1 cup sauce. Spread evenly with ¼ cup cheese.
5. Repeat twice with zucchini, remaining sauce, and ½ cup cheese.
6. Top with remaining zucchini; brush with the olive oil. Spread with remaining ¼ cup cheese, and season with pepper.
7. Bake, uncovered, until lasagna bubbles and top browns, 50 to 60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.