Moist and Zesty Meatloaf
1 egg, lightly beaten
¾ cup ketchup, divided in half
1 cup kidney beans (canned), rinsed, drained and mashed
½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning (no salt added)
¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
1½ pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
¼ cup water
1. In a large bowl combine the egg, ketchup, beans, bread crumbs, onion, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, lemon pepper, and seasoned salt.
2. Add ground beef, mix well to evenly combine all ingredients.
3. Place mixture in a loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
4. In a bowl, combine water and remaining ketchup; pour over meatloaf.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 60 minutes or until meat is no longer pink inside.
Makes 6 servings
One serving equals:
10 grams fat (4 grams saturated fat)
70 mg cholesterol
853 mg sodium
21 grams carbohydrate
2 grams fiber
24 grams protein