At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Onion Roasted Potatoes
Corn on the Cob
Homemade Salisbury steak is an old fashioned recipe that keeps showing up on dinner tables because it’s a comfort food that people remember from family dinners. Dinnertime can create wonderful memories, especially with classics like this recipe as the main dish.
Salisbury Steak Ingredients:
1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
1½ pounds ground beef
½ cup dry bread crumbs
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
¼ cup ketchup
¼ cup water
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon mustard powder
1. In a large bowl, mix together ⅓ cup condensed French onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and black pepper. Shape into 6 oval patties.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties. Pour off excess fat.
3. In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining soup until smooth. Mix in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder.
4. Pour over meat in skillet. Cover, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Onion Roasted Potatoes Ingredients:
1 envelope Lipton onion recipe soup mix
2 lb. all-purpose potatoes, cut into large chunks
⅓ cup olive or vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In large plastic bag, add all ingredients.
2. Close bag and shake until potatoes are evenly coated.
3. Empty potatoes into shallow baking or roasting pan; discard bag.
4. Bake, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
5. Garnish, if desired, with chopped parsley.
Serve Salisbury Steak and potatoes with buttered corn on the cob.