Perch is a light, mild flavored fish, making it a perfect choice for this Spanish inspired, healthy recipe.
Spicy tomato sauce is the base of the sauce you’ll be baking the fish in. Adding onions, garlic, chili powder and a variety of other herbs will create layers of flavors no one will be able to resist.
Serve this healthy recipe with roasted vegetables like eggplant, red peppers, and tomatoes to fill out the meal.
1 pound perch fillets, fresh or frozen
1 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup onions, sliced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano flakes
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Thaw frozen fish according to package directions.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking dish.
3. Separate fish into four fillets or pieces. Arrange fish in baking dish.
4. Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over fish.
5. Bake until fish flakes easily with fork, about 10 to 20 minutes.
4 Servings, about 3 ounces each
Total fat 1 gram
Saturated fat Trace
Cholesterol 104 milligrams
Sodium 448 milligrams