At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Healthy Homestyle Biscuits Recipe
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup 1% fat buttermilk
3 1/3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
3. In small bowl, stir together buttermilk and all of the oil. Pour over flour mixture and stir until well mixed.
4. On lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10–12 strokes. Roll or pat dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut with 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, dipping cutter in flour between cuts. Transfer biscuits
to an ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Yield: 15 servings
Serving Size: 1, 2-inch biscuit
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 3 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: less than 1 mg
Sodium: 72 mg
Total fiber: 1 g
Protein: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Potassium: 102 mg