1 whole broiler-fryer chicken
3 Tablespoons vinegar
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon thyme
½ teaspoon basil
1 clove garlic, minced
12 ounces fresh mushrooms
1. In a small saucepan, mix together the vinegar, olive oil, butter, lemon juice, seasoned salt, thyme, basil, and garlic. Place over medium high heat and bring to a boil, stirring.
2. Remove from heat, dip mushrooms in sauce and set aside.
3. Dip whole chicken in sauce, turning to coat well.
4. Place chicken on a rack in roasting pan, breast side down.
5. Roast in 375 degree F oven, basting with sauce every 20 minutes, until chicken is brown and fork can be inserted with ease (about 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours).
6. Add the mushrooms to the pan during the last 20 minutes of roasting time.