This coconut cream pie recipe produces a sweet, rich, creamy pie thats filled with the decadent taste of coconut. Topped with a homemade meringue topping, it is sinfully delicious
5 Tablespoons flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup scalded milk
1/4 cup cold milk
3 egg yolks
1 cup shredded coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
9 inch baked pie shell (recipe here)
1. Blend flour, sugar, and salt with the cold milk. Gradually add the scalded milk, stirring constantly.
2. Cook on a low heat until thickened, then add beaten egg yolks and cook for an additional two minutes.
3. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and shredded coconut.
4. Cool filling, then pour into baked pie shell. Top with meringue (recipe below).
3 egg whites
6 level Tablespoons sugar
1. Beat egg whites until stiff. Very gradually, add the sugar. Cover pie with meringue.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.