1 1/2 cup mashed sweet potatoes
1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 slightly beaten eggs
1 cup half and half
Pecan Streusel topping (recipe below)
1. By hand mix butter with potatoes. Add brown sugar cinnamon nutmeg and ginger. Stir in eggs and then half-and-half.
2. Pour filling into a 9-inch deep-dish pie shell. Bake at 375 degrees 30 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with Pecan Streusel topping. Bake 20 to 25 minutes more or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool before serving.
Pecan Streusel topping ingredients:
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
1. Mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
2. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in toasted pecans.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!