1 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cold butter
3-4 Tablespoons cold water
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
4 medium (1 1/2 cups) sweet potatoes, cooked skins removed, mashed
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup evaporated milk
whipped cream, for topping if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour and 1/8 teaspoon salt in small bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Stir in enough water with fork just until flour is moistened. Shape into ball; flatten slightly.
3. Roll out ball of dough on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle. Fold into quarters. Place dough into 9-inch pie pan; unfold, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Trim crust to 1/2 inch from edge of pan. Crimp or flute edge. Set aside.
4. Combine all filling ingredients except evaporated milk, eggs and whipped cream in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
5. Reduce speed to low; add milk and eggs. Beat until well mixed.
6. Pour filling into crust. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.