Carrot Raisin Salad
Tuna Macaroni Salad Recipe
This is a classic tuna macaroni salad recipe that is a family favorite. Tuna is a popular fish due to its convenience and distinct flavor. Its high in protein, contains omega 3 fatty acids, which in turn help lower blood pressure and cholesterol, have been shown to improve brain function and ease arthritis pain. And thats not all; tuna also contains B12 and Niacin.
Enjoy this simple recipe. The crunchy goodness of chopped vegetables, the cooked elbow macaroni, and the beneficial tuna, combined with the seasoned mayo mixture is the perfect blend of textures and flavors.
8 ounces elbow macaroni
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Italian-style dressing
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
2 cups thin, peeled cucumber slices
1 1/2 cups diced tomato
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1/4 cup coarsely chopped green onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
14 ounces solid-pack tuna (2 cans) , drained/broken up
1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
1. Cook macaroni as label directs. Drain; rinse with cold water.
2. In large bowl combine mayonnaise, Italian dressing and mustard; mix well.
3. Add cucumber, tomato, green pepper, green onion, salt, pepper, tuna, and macaroni; toss to mix well.
4. Refrigerate, covered, until well chilled - about 4 hours. Just before serving garnish with hard-cooked egg and parsley.
Food and Recipes Menu
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Ideas
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes