Potato Soup Recipe
This potato soup recipe creates a classic comfort food. After spending the day shoveling your snow covered sidewalks and driveway, there is nothing more welcoming then walking into your home with the embracing smell of potato soup.
It's like a warm, comfortable blanket for your senses. This potato soup recipe calls for a can of evaporated milk, which contributes to its rich, creamy consistency. If you have some leftover ham, cube it and throw that in the pot as well. When the bacon has been added, no one can resist this amazing soup.
3 to 4 large potatoes, peeled & chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 can evaporated milk (6 ounces)
2 to 3 cups 2% milk
Salt & pepper to taste
6-8 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
dill weed and parsley for garnish
1. Cook the vegetables in a small amount of water (covered) until tender.
2. Add: the evaporated milk, the regular milk, salt & pepper. Mash or blend to desired consistency
3. Add 4 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled. Simmer, do not boil.
4. When ready to serve, add dill weed and parsley.
Food and Recipes Menu
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Ideas
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes