Herbed Roasted Turkey
1 whole 12 to 14 pound turkey
½ cup rosemary sprigs (fresh)
½ cup sage leaves (fresh)
1 apple (quartered)
1 stalk celery (halved)
1 onion (halved)
½ cup butter (melted)
1. Remove giblets and neck from turkey; reserve for other uses if desired.
2. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry. Loosen skin from the turkey breast a bit not totally detaching.
3. Place rosemary and sage under skin then smooth skin over herbs and back into place. Place apple celery and onion into the neck cavity.
4. Place the turkey breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and brush with melted butter.
5. Cover turkey loosely with a "tent" of aluminum foil. Bake at 325°F until meat thermometer registers about 180°F. This should take from 3½ to 4 hours but begin checking after 3 hours.
6. Remove turkey and let stand 15 minutes before carving. Serve with gravy.
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!