Everybody loves turkey, especially around the holidays. What better way to enjoy it than with herbs and rice cooked right with it? Instead of cooking your turkey and side separately, you can do it all at the same time. The garlic seasoning in this recipe takes your turkey from bland to fantastic, and it complements the rice and any other sides you choose to fix, nicely.
Since the turkey is cooked with the rice in this recipe, all the juices and flavors from the turkey drip down into the rice to help keep it moist and give it delicious flavor as well. It’s a complete dinner with just a few easy steps and a lifesaver for people who are busy and don’t always have a lot of time to cook up a large meal.
When to Serve This Turkey Breast Braised with Garlic and Rice Recipe
This is the kind of meal you will find yourself making for every holiday or family dinner. It’s perfect for any occasion and is an excellent option for Christmas, Thanksgiving, or Sunday dinner. It looks like it takes all day to make, but it can be made in just a few hours. When you are feeding a crowd or celebrating a special milestone, this is what you want to serve.
Once you try this turkey breast braised with garlic and rice recipe, you will want to make it again and again just the way it is. If you do decide that you would rather change it up a bit, there’s a lot of ways you can do so. You can easily make this meal with chicken or duck instead of braised turkey breast. You can also make it with different cuts of the turkey such as the legs, instead of the braised turkey breast. You use different flavors of rice or types of rice, and you can add other herbs and seasonings aside from garlic.
Plating the Turkey Breast Braised with Garlic and Rice
You will want to plate this Turkey Breast Braised with Garlic and Rice in a way that really showcases how beautiful it is. It’s packed with flavor, and before anyone tastes it, the sight of it will get their mouths watering. The ideal way to plate is to put the rice on a nice platter and add the turkey breast on top of it. You can also slice up the turkey breast into smaller pieces before you plate it if desired. If you choose, you can also serve the turkey and the rice separately.Print
Turkey Breast Braised with Garlic and Rice
- Total Time: 3 hours 25 minutes
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 can (14½ ounces) chicken broth
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon each dried rosemary, thyme and sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (5–6 pounds)
- 3 cloves garlic
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In 5-quart Dutch oven combine rice, broth, wine, parsley, rosemary, thyme, sage and bay leaf. Place turkey over rice mixture and sprinkle turkey generously with paprika.
- Cut off root ends of garlic cloves. Place whole garlic bulbs, cut-end-up, in rice around turkey breast.
- Cover top of Dutch oven with foil and lid.
- Bake at 350°F for 2½ to 3 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast registers 170-175°F.
- Allow to stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- To serve, carve turkey into slices and place on platter.
- Spoon rice mixture into serving bowl.
- Squeeze garlic from skins onto turkey and rice.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 175